Thursday, October 25, 2007

Temping and Potential

So I started a Temp Job today. They said it's for 3 months plus. So at least I have work for the next 3 months if nothing else comes along. Also yesterday I had an interview with a stationary and greeting card company, today I got the call for a 2nd interview to meet the Owner/Head Guy. That's exciting. Now temping and admin stuff (which is what the greeting card place would be) are all good, they aren't my dream job, but they will do for now. I just want to not hate the people I work for. Is that so much to ask in the world? I guess so, but it's what I want.
On the knitting front, I made 2 bibs for the little girl that was just born down the hall. I made them up as I went along, and then crocheted around the edge twice to neaten them up and finish them off. I swear I'll take pictures and post them. Along with that 2 weeks ago I finished my own version of the Anthorpoligie Inspired Capelet. Really it's just a basic top-down Raglan. I made it with 3/4 of a skein of Joseph Gellar's Peruvian Alpaca. I double stranded it on #11's added a button and wore it to my interview with the temp agency.
Plus I'm super excited because we are supposed to carve pumpkins this weekend with our pals Joe & Dawn. I love carving pumpkins!
Also then 2nd round of The Hand-Dyed Yarn Swap in in sign-up stages. I'm all signed up and ready to go. Especially since in the GetStitchy Yarn Swap I was picked as a prize winner and will be receiving a skein of BFL Sock weight yarn! from Shelia at Wool2Dye4 I never win anything, so that made me all excited. I have 2 skeins of the KnitPicks Bare Sock weight left from last time I bought and got the dyes too. So as soon as I have my partners info DJ and I will have a dyeing day. One for my pal, one for him, and the BFL for me! Photos of the Zombification will follow.
Now off to make a big ole salad for dinner, I bought croutons!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Good Luck with your job situation. You'll find what you're looking for! =)