Thursday, October 18, 2007

Work and WIPs

So looking for work is never fun. But it's especially not fun when you are not quite even sure what it is you want to be doing for work. This is my dilemma. I need a new job, but I don't know what I want to do. I signed up with a temp agency for now, but so far no work from them. I also had an interview the other morning, just waiting to hear back. I've sent out tons of resumes and cover letters with very little response. Now all of these jobs cover various fields from admin work to sales to teaching art. So far no response. Now I know I've only been actively looking for 2 weeks now, and in the past I was unemployed for months at a time, but this is starting to wear on me. I just want a job that I don't get yelled at and a good work ethic is respected and appreciated. You would think that this isn't a lot to ask, but my track record proves otherwise.
Plus the longer I'm home the more random projects around the house I want to start. Like sanding and staining the new to us used bookcase we got. Or Binding off and seaming together all the yarn company sample squares to mail out as a baby blanket to a preggers girl in need. Or taking everything out of the closets and chucking stuff we don't need and reorganize what we're gonna keep. Then there are the knitting projects I want to do, or the cookbook for Christmas, or working on Mom's Photo boxes for Christmas. So many things, but what projects are too big and just distracting? What projects can I walk away from for interviews and job hunting?
For now I'm working on a trial run sweater for the puppy.
I need to line the bag I just finished so I can sell it to the lady in the next building and make some needed cash.

Tom's mitts now that he tried on the first one and it needs to be resized.
Now I guess I should get back to it so I don't feel so guilty not getting anything done.

No comments: