Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What a way to go

So after Braking the Cycle, and all it's support and love and good times, I realized something. I was unhappy. So I talked it over with mr. man and I gave my 2 weeks notice at work last Wednesday. I was still scheduled to work this week, actually it was the first time in a while where I was scheduled to work a full week. It's Sunday nite at 7:20 pm when I get a call on my cell phone while DJ and I are driving back from our celebratory outing to The Gilded Otter in New Paltz for our 2nd Anniversary fun day destination (more on this in a bit), when I'm told I've been taken off the schedule for the week so there is no need to come in. And they aren't sure if they will need me next week or not.
So whatever. I'm done. I no longer work in a knit shop. I currently don't have a job, part of the reason I gave 2 weeks instead of walking out the door was to have a job for 2 weeks while I looked. Oh well. But I did interview with a temp agency yesterday and I have a few feelers out there as well so hopefully something will come along sooner rather than later. I don't know if later will work well for us. Soon would be nice, but that means more resumes and emails and phone calls. More reading postings and ads, searching for something good-ish. I'm not looking for the perfect job because honestly I don't know what that would be at this point. I am looking for something to do, something that doesn't make me hate myself, or feel like I need a hot shower to wash off the icky-ness of it when I get home. So I'm off to find just that.
So long Knit shop and all the icky jobs I had to do there!
So long crazy hours and unknown weekly schedule changes!
So long working my butt off to get under appreciated!

I will miss all the students I had in my knitting classes and all the loverly people whose projects I helped them pick out and do and just a lot of nice people that came in on a regular basis. Though I loved my job, I despised the people I worked for.
Adieu! And Goodnite!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Good Luck on your hunt to find a better job! I wish you well on your search!

Celena said...

best wishes with the job hunt. i'm sure something wonderful will come your way.