Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I was Zombifiied



So I dyed yarn for the first time about 2 weeks ago. But I couldn't post about it because I didn't want the reciepients to see it online before the did in real life. Well now both of them have arrived in the mail so I can show off my hard work here.
First for Jessica my partner in the Hand-Dyed Yarn Swap She said her favorite colors where blue, green and purple, royal colors. So I tried to stick to that color palette.
Secondly for the Get Stitchy Swap I was dyeing for Heidi she likes blue, green and orange. I think it came out a bit rainbowy, but I did my best to make it just those 3 colors. I was using the Jacquard Acid Dyes and Knitpicks Bare Fingering weight yarn. I can't wait to see what the ladies make themselves or to dye more yarn. DJ and I just bought some mason jars this weekend in the Poconos visiting his family and I'm ready to mix up another batch of color and watch my hands change colors again!

2 comments:

Faith said...

They look so luscious! I'd love to see how they look in those tidy little yarn cakes- well done!

Valerie said...

Those turned out sooo beautiful I especially like the turn out of the blue and purple skein.